Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tonight: East Cameron Folkcore at Hole in the Wall


Some things just go incredibly well together: chips and queso, whiskey and Coke, rhythm and blues. Along those lines, I advise you at some point in your Austinite life to experience the band East Cameron Folkcore and the venue Hole in the Wall together. Tonight is a good opportunity to make it happen, as the Folkcore recently returned from a national tour and is playing their homecoming show at the storied venue.

I filmed this nine-piece folk/punk mini-orchestra at Mohawk during Free Week and I can't wait to show you the finished product at Red River Noise. In the meantime, a friend of the band named Pin-Bo Tsai got some footage of his own from that show. Check it out below.



East Cameron Folkcore from Pin-Bo Tsai on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

that's your account? I was wondering who filmed that.

Sarah said...

oh wait, nevermind. I just read the rest of your blog post. that's you.

'NITES Blog said...

I didn't shoot that video. It was a friend of the band.

Kayla Pitcher said...

Hey AJ!
Great post! I just came across your music blog and I fell in love with it! It's spectacular! I like your style! I am also located in Austin! Check out my blog and follow if you like it, I promise to do the same! http://kaylapitcher.blogspot.com ... See you soon, kisses!