Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Tax Day!

The Bread is one of my favorite local bands to see live. They're a very Austin mix of punk and country/folk... a band that sings about serious stuff without taking itself too serious. Their every-other-Tuesday residency at Hole in the Wall is a guaranteed fun time.

The Bread also happens to have a perfect song for the occasion of April 15, aka Tax Day. And while we're at it, I'd like to also dedicate this song to APD and their high-priority speed trap program.

Here you go....


The Bread - "Taxman" [download]




Maybe I'd have my registration if I had insurance first.
A valid Texas license or a certificate of birth.
You wanted black ink when all I had was blue.
You won't take checks or credit cards, or any IOU.

Taxman, don't squeeze blood from a stone.
Taxman, take our money and call it your own.

So put me on hold again and transfer my call
To find the scales of justice just won't help me at all.
Hope you sleep well at night, just doing your job.
No better than a thief who both plunders and robs.

Taxman, don't squeeze blood from a stone.
Taxman, take our money and call it your own.

0 comments: