Friday, December 4, 2009

The new 'NITES

Hey everybody. I decided to redesign this here blog. I was getting tired of looking at the old design. A new year is approaching, and a new 'NITES awaits it.

What's different? First, the design. I've gone from three columns to two. I've reduced the amount of widgets and gadgets, paring down to only the most essential features. Clutter = bad. Simple = good. Those are the rules of good blog design, if you ask me. I've designed a bunch of arty banners like the one above, which I'll be swapping out how ever often I feel like it.

I'm now using the "after the jump" break for longer posts, which means you'll only see an intro to a blog post on the home page. If you want to read the whole post, you have to click on the headline or on the text reading "after the jump". This was also done with clean, simple design in mind.

I might make a few more tweaks, but this is essentially the finished product. Let me know what you think.

0 comments: