Wednesday, July 15, 2009

'NITES Gets Warped: Dispatches from Warped Tour 2009


Watch this video at Vimeo.com or Youtube.

Ajay here, your friendly neighborhood 'NITES blogger. I was lucky enough to get a media pass to cover Warped Tour in San Antonio earlier this month for a website called Double Stereo. Check it out if you haven't yet. In addition to their blog, which I contributed my Warped Tour interviews to, they also sell CDs and mp3s by unsigned Austin bands. Very cool service, if you ask me. Anyway, I got to interview some pretty heavy-hitting bands, in terms of record sales and exposure. Scroll down for those interviews if you're on the homepage. This was a super-fun day, although a bit exhausting too, given the 100-degree weather and the sun bouncing off the asphalt of the AT&T Center parking lot. Luckily, we were able to get into the post-show BBQ and enjoy some delicious hot dogs and veggie burgers, along with a mystery cocktail known cryptically as "the Force." What was in it? I don't know. The server wouldn't say. But I think I tasted vodka and some sort of fruit punch. Good times.

Read my thoughts on my interviews with Thrice, Chiodos, Alexisonfire, and Senses Fail.

________________________________________________________________
Please consider making a small donation or sharing my content with others. Click below.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: