Monday, July 27, 2009

'NITES 2008 Revisited: The Octopus Project

I started filming bands exactly a year ago, so I thought it would be nice to do a "where are they now?" sort of segment. All this week, I'll bring you a video shot in July 2008 along with an update on the band. And stick around, because next week 'NITES returns from a summer break with all new videos of the best local bands.

The Octopus Project

I filmed The Octopus Project on the Fourth of July last year. I was so stoked to do so. It was literally the second show I ever filmed. Half of this set, as well as The Always Already's entire set, might've never been seen if it weren't for local freelance photographer John Pesina. While changing tapes in the middle of this set, I dropped the old tape without realizing it. Pesina later tapped me on the shoulder and asked, "Is this yours?" The tape was indeed mine.

As for the OP, the band drops its new EP Golden Beds tomorrow. It's the first US release from the band since 2007's critically-acclaimed Hello Avalanche. The EP features the song "Wet Gold", which was released as a single last year in the UK. The band just embarked on a North American tour, which includes dates in the Northeast and on the West Coast, along with a festival stop in Houston. Check MySpace for tour details.




Check back with 'NITES tomorrow for a review of the new Golden Beds EP. To watch the entire four-song video, just look for The Octopus Project listed in the left column.

________________________________________________________________
Please consider making a small donation or sharing my content with others. Click below.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: