Friday, July 31, 2009

Austin Vida: Monterrey's XYX

Austin Vida logoI usually only link to my Austin Vida exploits from this blog if I wrote the review or interview, but this is a case where I'm stoked about the band we covered. XYX are from Monterrey, Mexico, about 100 miles from the Texas border. They're making some interesting music (although, the melodically inclined might think it a stretch to call these spastic noise jams music). Think a younger, more punky, no-wave version of Lightning Bolt or Wolf Eyes. XYX calls Austin their second home because of the positive response they've received at South By Southwest and Chaos In Tejas. This is also the first interview from Austin Vida's new writer Alysha Hernandez. Watch a video I shot below, and read her article here.



________________________________________________________________
Please consider making a small donation or sharing my content with others. Click below.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: