Friday, April 24, 2009

Are you living the Austin Vida? I am.

Austin Vida logoIf you haven't heard of Austin Vida, you should definitely check it out. It's an online magazine that covers Latino entertainment, music, and sports. That doesn't mean you have to be Hispanic to enjoy it. Austin Vida is well-written and covers interesting topics. It features a good mix of local, national, and international music of all genres (from gypsy-punk to salsa to electro-pop). And do you know what else Austin Vida has? ... Me! Back in February, I sat down for what ended up being a five-hour conversation with Austin Vida's editor-in-chief (a music blogger in his own right). I'm proud to say that I am now officially Austin Vida's music editor. My responsibilities will include writing album reviews and interviewing bands, but I'm also gonna do some video when it's appropriate. I officially make my debut in the May issue, but as of right now I've got two reviews up. Check 'em out....


Review: Los Fabulosos Cadillacs' La Luz del Ritmo
After 25 years and more than a dozen albums, Argentine rockers Los Fabulosos Cadillacs prove they still have what it takes to make you dance. But I can't help but feel something is missing from the Cadillacs' latest offering, La Luz del Ritmo. On its own, La Luz stands as a fun mix of genres and styles: cumbias, ska jams, and pop-rock numbers. But the album lacks the bite of previous discs. Fans of the band's previous experimental work are likely to be disappointed. Click here to read the whole thing (opens in new window).

Review: RH+'s Quintana Roo
You know that album you listen to on overcast days when you just want to lie back, close your eyes, and drift away with your best headphones cranked up? It’s your escape album. Your body is there, but your mind is a million miles away. Quintana Roo – with its mellow beats, sleepy vocals, sweeping synths, and coolly repetitive movements – is that album. Click here to read the whole thing (opens in new window).

________________________________________________________________
If you like 'NITES, please consider donating $6 or sharing my content with others. Click below.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: