Thursday, March 26, 2009

Built By Rage: A Crazy Fan Letter

Some fans are committed. Other fans should be committed.

Take, for instance, the curious case of elChadorado. I don't know Mr. Chadorado, but in my attempt to grow my viewership I often send out MySpace friend requests to fans who comment on bands I've covered. I found elChadorado on Built By Snow's page. His profile displayed Youtube vids of Built By Snow (featured here in a Q&A two months ago) and The Octopus Project (featured in a video here last September). "Awesome!" I thought. This guy will totally appreciate my blog. Well, I thought wrong.

Today, I received a humorously-written psychotic verbal attack from elChadorado. I say humorous because I was laughing my ass off, but for all I know the dude might've been serious.

I come from a journalism background and have written for several newspapers, which means two things: First, I'm accustomed to receiving crazy letters from readers. I got some good ones when I was covering local business for The Denver Post two summers ago. Secondly, I wear my blogger hat, not my journalist hat, when I write for 'NITES. Since all's fair in love and blogging, I've decided to publish elChadorado's entire unedited, uncensored letter below. The Internet: It's serious business!

this is the second friend invite I have received that included the comment, we cover bands like "the octopus project and built by snow, however, after searching your page twice i have found no reference to Built by Snow anywhere. They happen to be the absolute best indie artist out there...especially in Austin. I consider your attempts to convince me that you understand this truth as a false attempt to conjure a larger friends list, making your psuedo-myspace publication look more popular than it actually is. I will allow you to invite me a third time, after mind you, you own up to your claims that your page includes information via audio/video/blogs on the Indie sensation Built By Snow. Otherwise, if I receive another invite, outrageously claiming your myspace page includes the likes of Built By Snow, I will be forced to start a rival web-page that covers the same material. However I have endless financial resources, time and staff so mine would be better in all ways. Retroactively i will hire a slew of tabloid journalists, with the primary goal of making your staff, writers etc. look like idiots for not praising the greatness that is the Raddest Fucking Band on the Planet. Built By Snow. Thank You for your immediate compliance with these demands.
-The Army of the 12 Beavers



Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Joel said...

Awesome!

KD said...

wow. i wouldn't even know how to respond to that. hahaha.

Ajay Miranda said...

The ironic damn thing is I'm actually filming Built By Snow tomorrow at Antone's! Haha. Jeezus!

ChrisE said...

wow, that was funny!

The Peen Scene said...

Damn...I would talk shit...but I don't want him to be forced to start a rival web-page that covers the same material.

Ryan Cano said...

shit, maybe yall can patch it up and he can invest in Nites ATX, i mean, theres unlimited resources and time there!

Ajay Miranda said...

Ryan, I could definitely use the "unlimited time and finacial resources". He lives in DC, according to his Myspace. Maybe he's a wealthy politician or lobbyist?

Peen Scene, no one could ever rival your blog! Those Rusko pics are sick. Like red lightning or something with those camera settings.

Nickyoboe said...

Oh man. Ajay, you better watch out Sucka.

Ian Morales said...

That's funny dude. He's great for quotes and content. Keep bothering him.

BudW said...

I have a feeling this dude was trying to be funny...I doubt he knew he was startng such a great controversy in the ATX!