Sunday, February 1, 2009

Episode#17: One-Eyed Doll [part 2 of 2]



Click here to watch Part 1
So I'd planned on using this second half of the video to include a live review of One-Eyed Doll's show at Stubb's on Friday. But... I didn't make it. *sad face* The drinks and music at Hole In The Wall didn't allow me to escape in a timely or sober enough manner to make it to Red River. And because I've written endlessly about my admiration for Kimberly and Number 3 (here, here, and here) I've decided to let the fans voice their admiration this go-round. The following are real MySpace comments on One-Eyed Doll's profile. Oh, also... enjoy the video!

the show was the bomb! you were so gracious, and beautiful
- brotherjohn [Jan 31, 2009]
You rock girl, loved the show
- Lord Hobbit [Jan 31, 2009]
Your music brings me great joy here in the swamp. I dance in a cloud of Deep Woods OFF and wait for the snakes to wake up and all to the tune of you. Your so pretty.
- Zeke Loftin [Jan 31, 2009]
oh man, what a great show! I had sooo much fun. I can't believe we took all those pics and I never noticed your eye? what happened? Did you break the table with your eye? I don't remember if I told you this but I was in the bathroom waiting in line when I heard you start be my friend. I darted out of the bathroom (really needing to pee) and fought my way through the crowd to the front and then you played it for maryann doll and everyone yelled and screamed and sang all the words. It was AWESOME!
- Maryann [Jan 26, 2009]
Easily one of the best shows I have ever seen!!! You pwnd Dallas TX on Friday!!!
- Calling All War [Jan 18, 2009]
I saw your show at emos. It was bad ass! I caught some of your spit in my mouth and it burns when I pee now :( other than that, it was great. I'm looking forward to the next one! I'll bring a rain coat... and maybe some teddy grahams if I get the munchies :)
- justin [Jan 2, 2009]

Filmed on November 14, 2008
Venue: Red Eyed Fly on Red River Street.
Songs: "Fight" / "Monster"

Upcoming show: 2/14 at Room 710

0 comments: