Thursday, January 8, 2009

Free Week 2009: Pick of the Night, Thu 1/8

I didn't make it to any shows last night because of continued fever/cough. I've probably slept for 50 of the last 72 hours. But tonight I'm not giving myself a choice. Why not? My two hands-down favorite bands in Austin play tonight. Bankrupt and the Borrowers at Beauty Bar and Haunting Oboe Music at Club De Ville. Luckily, that's only a three-block distance and the weather looks like it will cooperate. Usually I look down upon showing up for just one band then bailing. It's selfish and shitty towards the other bands who could be just as good and eye-opening as the band you went specifically to see. But when it's your two favorites, I've got to make an exception. So, health and weather willing, I hope to see y'all out tonight supporting good local music. Note: free Lone Star while supplies last at Beauty Bar. Doors open at 8, so my guess is "free Lone Star until 8:20".

0 comments: